Monday, August 12, 2013

falls i have fallen, continued

1. one time my friend had a high school graduation party. it was the kind with family and parents and no drinking. i stood up to get a non alcoholic beverage from the cooler, and there was a chair behind me, which tripped me, and i fell down this hill with two chairs toppling over me as i narrated the entire event in real time. with such phrases as, "the chairs are falling on me." "i am falling down a hill." "i am done falling now."

2. one time i saw harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 at midnight with my friends in union square. the 6 train has a moving platform, but for whatever reason the platform didn't move towards the train and so when the doors opened there was a gap. one that i definitely could bridge. no big deal. for whatever reason no one else is riding the downtown 6 at this time or is even on the platform. you'd think there would have been more people heading home after an exciting midnight harry potter viewing. anyway. the doors open, an MTA employee gets off, picks me up, and puts me on the train. he probably prevented some sort of horrible injury/subway death.

3. recently it rained and i slid down the sidewalk while running to the bar. i fell on my knees right in front of this guy who tried to offer a hand to help me up. then i fell again. then i got up and scurried inside the bar and none of my friends saw me because they walked like normal people.

No comments:

Post a Comment