Tuesday, July 16, 2013

how i saved our friendship

anyone who knows me knows that i fall down a lot. like more than the average person. i would say about 99.9% of the time it's comedic. for example, one time i slipped on a single piece of plain ziti that was on the floor of an airport. i slipped like cartoon characters slip on banana peels. you get the picture. one such fall, however, stands out as very important because it probably maybe saved my friends' friendship. 

on this particular day in january, my friends and i decided to play laser tag. except that no one else wanted to go so it was just the three of us. it worked out because we played against a cute couple so no one was really outnumbered because i actually suck real bad at laser tag. afterwards, we decided to head to our local tgi friday's for some dinner. 

my friend joe was on accutane at the time and more often than not, he would react in a rage to basically anyone challenging him. so we got our bill and for whatever reason there was a dispute about how to split the tip or something and basically he and vicki were saying the same thing but he was getting super mad about it. we left the restaurant and he was in a huff. please note at this time that we did not wear our coats in because we were really sweaty from laser tag. so vicki starts skipping in the parking lot in an effort to get to the car quicker. joe and i follow suit. suddenly, a car approaches behind us. i start skipping (potentially also galloping?) to the side when suddenly joe runs into me as i'm in the air. it sends me flying across the parking lot. which is on a slant. on my face. sliding on pavement.

vicki is clearly ahead losing her shit laughing. joe helps me up. i ripped both knees of my jeans, scraped up my hands and chin, and ruined like 2 of the 3 charms on my pandora bracelet. the guy in car gets out of his car and is pointing and laughing at me. i think i am cracking up and crying all at once. then vicki and joe were friends again. the end. i don't actually know if this story is funny or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment