Monday, June 24, 2013

30th birthday party

when i was like 17 or 18? i don't know. i think i was still in high school or had just graduated. my best friend's older brother had a 30th birthday party which was at this bar and billiards "lounge" called "the blue cube" which i think you can imagine was a real hip place. i must have been 18 because i remember my friend was still dating his girlfriend and they broke up when i was a freshman in college. important details.

so my friend, her middle brother and his girlfriend, and i arrive at the blue cube. somehow we get sneaked in because we're not 21. her dad lets us drink ginger ales and sodas on his tab. we're mostly sitting. i remember taking some black and white photographs of people playing pool. at a certain point one of her brother's friends starts talking to us. we all start dancing, but like the guy is grinding with my friend and then her mom comes over and tells him no (ha) so then he starts grinding with me. then this guy who is like 12 years older than my best friend but totally in love with her comes over and starts dancing with us and i am in some sort of dancey grinder sandwich with these two guys, and the one behind me keeps taking my hands and putting them on the butt of the guy in front of me. 

eventually that ends and the guy and i are sitting down. i had cut myself shaving and had a hello kitty band-aid on my ankle that he kept rubbing. he also kept asking me if my ginger ale was beer and why was i drinking beer with a straw.

eventually the party was over and my best friend drove her brother and his girlfriend and me home. her brother's girlfriend fell on the ice in the parking lot and kept telling the brother to beat up the bouncer who was laughing at her. and then my best friend put a prince CD on and the girl kept screaming "i wanna be skinny like prince."

No comments:

Post a Comment